Since 2007, Blog Action Day has invited bloggers from around the world to blog about one important global topic on the same day. Last year, Blog Action Day 2010 brought together 10,000 bloggers from all around the world to blog about one global topic. Past topics have included water, climate change and poverty, and over 10,000 bloggers have participated.
This year, Blog Action Day will be held on October 16, which coincides with World Food Day, so naturally our 2011 theme is FOOD. As we get closer to the event we will be announcing special partners, as well as exclusive content that you can use in your blogs.
So keep checking our blog, Facebook and Twitter profiles for our latest news
It’s easy to participate in Blog Action Day.
Just register your blog, upload a post on October 16 and tag it with #bad11
Not sure what to blog about? Take a look at some of our suggestions below and feel free to share more ideas in our comments section.
- My favorite food
- The famine in East African
- To be organic or not to be:
- Best and worst food memory
- Slow Food, Fast Food: What does it actually mean
- Conflict over Food:
- Is your hamburger hurting the enviroment?
It takes 24 liters of water to produce one hamburger. That means it would take over 19.9 billion liters of water to make just one hamburger for every person in Europe.
- Vegan, Vegetarian, Meat eater – Which one are you?
- Will we be able to feed 9 billion people in 2050?
- The scandal of Food Waste.
- What is the best way to farm food.
- Growing your own – the joys and heartache of growing what you eat.
- Too much or too little taking food to extremes
- Strangest thing you have ever eaten.
- What food means to your culture.